Sometimes quizzes are updated, and new questions are added. If you encounter any questions that are not present here, or if your score was not 100% with the answers we provided, please let us know in the comments section below and we will update the answers as soon as we can.
P.S. Please don’t forget to post the link to the quiz you’ve taken.
This world is full of wonders! But how much do you know about the original Seven Wonders of the Ancient World? These truly inspiring masterpieces were the talk of the ancient world, from Egypt to Babylon and far beyond! This ten-question quiz will test how much you really know about these magnificent structures. Let’s get started!
1.You can’t even consider the Seven Wonders of the World without thinking about these bad boys. To which modern country would you go to visit them?
2. Babylon was home to one of the most wondrous of the Seven Wonders by all accounts. Which was it?
- The Flowing Gardens
- The Spinning Gardens
- The Magic Gardens
- The Hanging Gardens
3. Whilst there have been several lists featuring Great Wonders, the classic ‘Seven Wonders of the Ancient’ world are restricted to seven specific constructions. Which of these is one of them?
- Machu Picchu
- The Statue of Zeus
- The Great Wall of China
- The Taj Mahal
4. Today this is a bustling port city. But it was once home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World! Which city is it?
5. The poet Antipater of Sidon was wowed by one of the Seven Wonders in particular. Fill in the gap in the quote: ‘When I saw the house of ______ that mounted to the clouds, [the] other marvels lost their brilliancy, and I said: “Lo, apart from Olympus, the Sun never looked on anything so grand”.’
6. Now you might remember the names of the Seven Wonders, but do you know why ‘seven’ was such an auspicious number in ancient cultures?
- Due to the seven seas
- Due to the seven centaurs of Sophocles
- Due to the seven sons and daughters of Zeus
- Due to the five planets plus the sun an the moon
7. The Statue of Zeus was the wonder of wonders which overlooked the games at Olympus. Do you know who it was sculpted by?
8. Here is an artist’s impression of one of the Seven Wonders. Which of these facts about it is not quite correct?
- It gave us the modern term ‘mausoleum’
- It was located in present-day Turkey
- It featured scenes of Roman battles
- It was built by a wife mourning her husband, who was also her brother
9. This island isn’t just an absolute stunner, it was also home to one of the Seven Wonders. Do you know which one?
- The Mausoleum
- The Colossus
- The Great Lighthouse
- The Statue of Zeus
10. If we refer to each of the seven wonders by the first letter of its name, which of these is correct in terms of the order in which they were built?
- P, S, T, M, C, L, H
- P, T, H, S, M, L, C
- H, P, S, T, M, L, C
- P, H, T, S, M, C, L