11. Was Britney Spears’s album ‘Britney’ released before or after Justin Timberlake’s ‘Justified’?
12. Was Google founded before or after Huawei?
13. Did the country on the left ban plastic bags before or after the country on the right?
- Before – because the country on the right still uses plastic bags
- After – because this country still uses plastic bags
14. Did the city on the left host the Olympics before or after the city on the right?
- Before – because the city on the right has never hosted the Olympic Games
- After – because this city has not yet hosted the Olympic Games
15. Was Airbnb founded before or after Uber?
- Before – and its headquarters are in the same city as Uber
- Before – and it also runs a publishing house
- After – but both companies have been around for nine years
- After – and was started when its founders couldn’t find a room in a hotel in New York City
16. Was the word ‘selfie’ the Oxford Dictionary word of the year before or after the word ‘post-truth’?
- Before – and it was immediately followed by ‘youthquake’
- Before – and it was immediately preceded by a neologism
- After – and the word ‘toxic’ was the word of the year between ‘selfie’ and ‘post-truth’
- After – and an emoji was the word of the year one year later
17. Did Slumdog Millionaire win best picture at the Academy Awards before or after The King’s Speech?
- Before – and it was an adaptation of a novel
- Before – and it also won six Golden Globes
- After – and it won the most Academy Awards for any film in that year
- After – and it starred Dev Patel
18. Was the actor on the left born before or after the actor on the right?
- Before – and his older brother is also a well-known actor
- Before – and he was born in London
- After – and he is the youngest person to be featured on the Time 100 list
- After – and his birthday is in the same month as the actor on the right
19. Did Patrick Modiano win the Nobel Prize in Literature before or after Bob Dylan?
- Before – and Svetlana Alexievich won the very next year
- Before – and Alice Munro won the very next year
- After – and Herta Muller won the year before
- After – and Mo Yan won the year before
20. Did Eyjafjallajökull last erupt before or after Puyehue-Cordón Caulle?
- After – and it interrupted air travel
- After – and since its explosion, the volcano has been considered dormant
- Before – and postage stamps were made containing real volcanic ash which fell from the explosion
- Before – and it melted nearly half of the world’s largest glacier